Friday, July 23, 2010

7/11 - Sean's Birthday!

Sean's birthday was coming up and I was trying to decide what to make him for his birthday. I ultimately decided to make him breakfast which I decided on:

Vegan Frenchtoast with candied Pecans.



I got the blackberries from the farmer's market. Other than that nothing was local/from the farm, but his next surprise was. We have a lot of carrots at the garden, what's a better way to use carrots than to make a carrot cake! Here's how it turned out:



I wonder what he wished for. Anyways here are some pictures from the garden.

To brighten our day here is what decided to bloom:



Here's a great helper and so that you can get an idea how tall these guys are.



Here are the in progress blackberries, YUM!



These are SOOOOOOoooo close to being ready. I'm so impatient!



For sean's birthday derek did a bbq/ cook out. It was a lot of fun and a lot of peopel joined. But derek wanted to cook some of the chickens he butchered. I didn't take part in the butchering because I didn't know they were going to do it and I arrived to the farm later than I told derek. I was going to add a picture of the beer can chicken cooking but figured I'd skip it.

No comments:

Post a Comment